By using the Recovery Console you can manage your Cloud Servers using the graphical interface in the Control Panel.
With the Recovery Console you can:
- reboot your virtual machine (we remind you that shutting down and starting-up your virtual machine from the Control Panel is considered a Reboot)
- access the machine using the graphical interface via your web browser
- manage and/or monitor the state of the virtual machine and any configured devices
However, the use of the Recovery Console is only recommended if strictly necessary since access methods such as RDP
are preferable, faster and perform better. Access with the Recovery Console becomes the only way of accessing your Cloud Server when this is not associated with a Public IP
and when it’s not configured correctly.
To use the Recovery Console, simply log into the Control Panel and select a Cloud Server, then click "Sign in
" in the top-right corner,
or click "Sign in
", relating to the Server in the summary page of active servers.
In both cases you will reach a page like the following.
Click the "Run the Recovery Console
Once the Recovery Console is running you will reach a page like the following.
At the bottom of the console you will find two buttons:
- CRTL + ALT + DEL: allows you to view the login page where you enter the Server username and password
- KEYBOARD: allows you to display three types of virtual keyboards
With the Recovery Console you can enter data directly from the keyboard of the device you use to login into the Control Panel, you can also use one of the three provided virtual keyboards.
ATTENTION: the virtual keyboard shall work correctly depending on the hypervisor used, the operating system of the Cloud Server and the language configured in the Cloud Server. We therefore suggest that you check that the character you select on the keyboard corresponds to the character displayed on the screen, especially to avoid entering incorrect passwords.
Here below are the three virtual keyboards:
- KEYBOARD IT-IT 1
- KEYBOARD IT-IT 2
- KEYBOARD EN-US