To reset the password of Cloud Servers with openSUSE operating system you need to log into the Cloud Server from the Recovery Console
and at the same time keep the Visual Cloud application open and do as follows.
- Shut down the Cloud Server from Visual Cloud.
- After logging into the recovery console, start the Cloud Server with Visual Cloud.
- In the window of the console you will see the start-up process of the Cloud Server with the "grub-boot" message as shown in the image below for around 5 seconds. Before the countdown expires select the type of boot using the arrow keys and press "e" to edit its content.
- Upon opening the boot file, move to the kernel uploading line (it usually starts with the word "kernel") using the arrow keys and press "e" again to edit its content.
- At the end of the line add
init=/bin/bash and confirm by pressing the enter key.
- Going back to the previous page press "b" to run the boot again in "single user" mode.
- The Cloud Server will start and after a few seconds it will be possible to type in new commands after the # symbol.
- Type in the
passwd command and press enter.
- Type in the new password for the "root" user and press enter.
- Confirm the new password and press enter.
- The new password for the "root" user has now been configured successfully and can be used the next time you log into the Cloud Server (to restart type in
reboot or force the Reset from the control panel).