ATTENTION: if you decide to install Plesk on a Cloud Server with MySQL installed, we recommend that you first uninstall the MySQL from the Cloud Server and then proceed to install Plesk.
Should you wish to make use of all the functions of the Plesk anel on your Windows Cloud Server with customised OS/Template, simply install the Plesk anel and the license. Subsequently you will need to purchase a Plesk license
, download it from the Aruba Cloud Computing control panel and install the license on your Cloud Server via the Plesk anel itself.
The licenses currently provided by Aruba Cloud Computing are relevant to the 10.4.4 Plesk: before you install the Plesk anel on your Windows Cloud Server, make sure that all the following requirements have been met:
- The operating system is Windows Server 2008 SP1 or SP2 (Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter editions) or Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter editions, Windows Web Server). It is possible to install Plesk also on Windows Server 2003, however we recommend that you do not rely on this operating system if you wish to make the most of the capacity of the Plesk anel and subsequent versions and updates.
- In case of Windows Server 2008 operating system make sure you have added the Web Server role.
- At least one public IP needs to be configured in the operating system (we remind you that the Cloud Servers created with a template provided by Aruba Cloud Computing already have an associated and configured public IP).
- The partition used is a NTFS partition.
- For optimal performance of the Plesk anel for Windows make sure to installed at least 2GB of RAM.
- If you wish to have support for Server Side Includes (SSI), Active Server pages, Adobe Cold Fusion or Microsoft Frontpage Server Extensions, first you need to install these components.
Once you have verified the minimum requirements, you can proceed to install the 10.4.4 Plesk anel by downloading the Autoinstaller file for the Windows 2003/2008 operating system, available from the official Parallels website at http://page.plesk.com/plesk-onyx-free-download
Run the ai.exe
file in your Windows Cloud Server and allow access and communications with the public network, should Windows Firewall request authorization in order to proceed with the installation.
The autoinstaller will then open a browser window at http://localhost:8447
where you need to indicate the login details of the admin user of your Windows Cloud Server.
After entering the login details click on "Install or Upgrade Product" in the summary page.
In the next page select Parallels Plesk making sure to select version "Parallels Plesk 10.4.4"; select the type of installation (in the example we have used the typical installation) and then go ahead with the installation.
Check the paths for the installation of the Plesk panel and for the websites; indicate the password for the "admin" user of the Plesk panel.
Wait for the installation to be completed which could take a few minutes. Once the installation has been completed a message will appear as shown below.
At this point you need to complete the installation of the Plesk panel by connecting to the panel itself and entering some details, and then finish installing the license:
- Connect to the address of your Cloud Server on which the Plesk panel is installed, by opening a browser window and typing in the address https://[IP-Cloud-Server]:8443 (e.g. https://22.214.171.124:8443)
- If you don’t have a valid certificate and the browser warns you of the problem, proceed in any case in opening the login page and enter your Plesk panel login details: enter "admin" as the Username and the password chosen when installing the Plesk panel.
- Accept the terms of the free trial license and proceed.
- Fill in the required fields by indicating a new password for the "admin" user and entering a valid hostname (e.g. plesk.local)
- Indicate the server use type and then the Plesk panel display type that you wish to use.
- Enter the details required for the profile of the "admin" user.
- After entering the required details you will reach the "License Management" page where you need to install the license: click on "Upload Key" to proceed with the installation. Then click on "Browse" and indicate where the file of the purchased and previously downloaded license is found. Select "Replace the currently installed license key with the select one" and proceed by clicking on "OK".
At this point the Plesk panel and the relevant license are installed and functional as indicated in the message.