The Aruba Cloud service allows you to manage three types of templates:
These are templates designed by Aruba Cloud and available to users during the creation process of Cloud Servers. They vary based on the hypervisor that is selected and differ from one another in the operating system and type of service for which the Cloud Server is used (for example: database server, web server, mail server etc...).
It is possible to see the list of templates in the "Template datasheets
Personal templates are templates that can be created by the user from a pre-configured Cloud Server. This feature can be particularly useful if a user wants to create more than one identical Cloud Server.
Once a personal template has been created, a server can be cloned without having to replicate the same settings each time, with the exception of a few details, such as the IP address.
The personal template created is housed in a specific directory (/PersonalTemplate/) in the customer's dedicated FTP space
As the FTP space is linked to the Data Center in which it is activated, the personal template will only be available on that Data Center.
If a user needs to have the same personal template on more than one Data Center, this can be done following instructions set out in the guide
Select a personal template as follows:
- when creating a Cloud Server, click on "SELECT TEMPLATE" in the "3 - Server Features" section;
- the "Select Template" window will open with a list of "Preconfigured Templates";
- select "My Templates" to see a list of your personal templates;
- by choosing a template from the "Select Template" list, the details of that template will be displayed;
- click on "SELECT THIS TEMPLATE";
- continue creating the Cloud Server.
These are templates that a user can save in their FTP space to create a Cloud Server later on.
This type of template can be created and managed by following the steps set out in the guide
To use a template saved on FTP space when creating a Cloud Server, select "ENABLE FTP IMPORT
" in the "3 - Server Features