Here below is a guide on how to use the Aruba Object Storage service through the S3 Browser
free client interface. In order to use this service you need the following details:
- the name you assigned to the account when setting it up;
- the password you assigned to the account;
- the address of the Region to which the account belongs, indicated in your account page;
- Download the software, start the installation and run the program.
- A window will open asking you to enter various details, to connect your account.
- In the "Account Name" field enter the name you wish to assign to the new account.
In "Storage Type" select "S3 Compatible Storage" from the list.
In the "REST Endpoint" field enter the Region URL found in your Object Storage account page (without the http://).
In the "Access Key ID" field enter the Account Name of the Object Storage account.
In the "Secret Access Key" field enter the Password of the Object Storage account.
- Confirm by clicking on "Add new account".
- It's also possible to create an account by using the "Add new account.." button found in the "Accounts" menu.
- After creating the account, a page like the following will appear. You will have your "bucket" on the left and on the right the files and folders found in the remote storage space.
- If you don't have a "bucket" in the storage space, or if you wish to create a new one, you need to click on the "New bucket" button found on the left.
- A "Create New Bucket" window will open like the one below asking you to enter the "Bucket name". After entering the name (see instructions), click on "Create new bucket" to complete the process.
- By using the menu on the right, you can upload, download, delete and create files and folders.
Configure the permissions
Once you have uploaded a file in the remote storage space you can configure the permissions to make it public. To configure a file, proceed as follows:
- Select the file in the remote storage space.
- At the bottom of the application select "Permissions". It is possible to change each single permission, or by using the two buttons at the bottom, make the various files public or private.
- If you select a folder (the same property is valid for the bucket) you can apply the permissions to all the items it contains, by selecting "Apply for all subfolders and files".
- To confirm the changes made to the permissions, click on "Apply changes".