EOL (End Of Life)
This template is no longer available for creating new Cloud Servers.
The template offers software from the Nextcloud suite with integrated document processing software.
Nextcloud is an open source web application that operates via a browser and offers remote data storage, editing and sharing. The application works in a similar way to Dropbox, Office 365, and Google Drive, giving the user full control over the uploaded data.
Nextcloud is free and guarantees full data control for the administrator. One of its strengths lies in how easy it is to use, meaning that it only takes a matter of minutes to get to grips with the many features. The main cornerstone of the suite, however, is its capacity to allow multiple users to view and edit documents at the same time, whether they are in the same office or on the other side of the world.
These are the main features:
- Multi-platform: works on the main operating systems (Windows, iOS, Linux);
- Works via a browser (Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Safari);
- Android and iOS apps available for mobiles;
- Ability to sync on desktops and mobile devices;
- Extensions available for Chrome;
- Drag-drop to make uploading files and folders easier.
These are the tools available:
- Multiple users can view and edit documents at the same time thanks to the pre-installed Onlyoffice application;
- Gallery for image files;
- Groups and users with specific permissions for the files;
- Space quotas for individual users;
- Sharing data on the main social networks or websites;
- Gallery app with many additional features. Example link: https://apps.nextcloud.com
The software is installed through packages provided by Nextcloud.
Administrative access is provided via SSH, with the root username and password chosen during setup.
Nextcloud can be accessed at https://IPSERVER
via a login interface that can be used both for admin access, with the admin username and password chosen during setup, and for access by users created by the administrator.
From the icon on the right in the top menu bar you can access the menu containing dedicated sub-menus to configure all the installation settings, add new features and create new users.
For further information on use, please refer to the official guide at: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/user_manual/
We recommend reading the instructions at
in order to ensure secure access to your data.
fail2ban is installed on the server to offer protection from brute-force attacks on port 22
For this template, the open ports are: