How do Aruba Cloud promotions work on your existing products?
An Aruba Cloud limited time promotion, for a specific existing product, involves adding a new product (with the promotional price) to replace the existing one until the end of the promotional period.
During the promotional period, the original product will be suspended and unavailable for purchase.
The promotion will not affect renewals for services that were already active at the beginning of the promotion; these will continue to be available to renew at the full price.
At the end of the promotion, Aruba Cloud will suspend the promotional product (which customers will only be able to renew), and reactivate the original product at the full price, which will then become available again.
To activate/deactivate the promotion (and therefore to offer/exclude it for your own customers), you will need to follow these steps in the Partner Control Panel:
Activating the promotion (at the beginning)
- identify the original product (if there is one);
- on the start date of the promotional period, remove it from all the pricelists which include it (see guide);
- add the new promotional product to the pricelist (or pricelists if applicable) (see guide);
Deactivating the promotion (at the end)
- identify the promotional product;
- on the end date of the promotional period, remove the promotional product from all the pricelists which include it (see guide);
- reactivate the original product (see guide);
For more technical and sales information, please contact
our team of experts.